Sunday, September 14, 2008



We celebrated Court's first week by going to the temple. I was feeling the mommy blues and needed to get out! We decided to go for a walk since this is the best time of the year in St. George! The destination was the temple since I have always sought comfort by going there!
My first recollection (of the temple) is sitting on my Aunt Laura's deck at night and just staring at the temple. I also remember being sixteen for 2 or 3 weeks and I was having a hard day so I left school sobbing and decided to drive by the temple on my way home. Just as I came to the temple I saw the flashing lights and was soon explaining to the officer (sobbing out of control) that I was having a hard day and was driving by the temple to feel better! He gave me my license back and told me to feel better and he let me go. I don't really even remember why I got pulled over (I think I was speeding). Anyhow the temple is also where Chris and I were married and in my early days of motherhood when Chris would work on sunday I would almost always go for a walk around the temple. It holds a very special place for me as I am sure you all have places that do that for you!
After our walk around the temple and visiting with the awesome missionaries in the building part (where they show you how the temple was built) of the visitors center I was feeling alot better! It was good to talk to the kids about why we are here. It just adds to my testimony that Heavenly Father is there and is totally aware of what we are going through we jsut need to ask for help and courage!

3 comments:

Jodi Rae said...

Chanda lou! You look so pretty in that picture! I am glad that you were able to get out:). That can be so hard. Sorry we didn't make it over the other night. Hopefully we can come play sometime this week! Hope you are feeling better, if you need anything call me!!!

Mike & Cody said...

Chanda, I just love you and know how hard it is sometimes with all these little ones. I am so glad that you were able to go to the temple. You guys are wonderful and you look so great. Court is beautiful, just like all of your kids. Hang in there and call if I can do anything for you!! Love you guys tons.

Christensen family said...

You look SOOOO great! Congratulations!