Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Left Handed Pitcher!

So I am sitting here feeling very grateful and had to share it with the world! My grandpa and I had the coolest thing in common! We were both left-handed. When I started playing softball back in the day I needed a new mit as the rest of my family was right handed and mits were not hard to come by for them! I was at my grandpa's house one summer day and I will never forget mentioning to him that I needed a new mit. He said "Well, I'll bet'cha my mit is around here somewhere let's go look for it and you can have it!" I have to admit praying that we wouldn't find it because I was afraid of the shape it would be in! Well after looking forever for it, we didn't find it. At the time I remember feeling very grateful to not have found it but last week after my grandpa passed away I felt a liitle sad not having anything to remind me of our bond together! Now, you can imagine my excitement when the other night my dad walked in with this blue and white pitcher explaining it's importance! This left handed pitcher has been handed down to me from my grandpa Warnick who got it from his mom Mable who got it from one of her parents! I love it! Thanks to my aunts LeAnn and Marilyn who decided I should get it! You don't know how much it means to me! Love you tons!

6 comments:

The Warnick Family said...

Yes it is VERY COOL! I tried to make you a right handed girl, but you refused! Now look what it got you! It was all worth it! Grandpa was happy to have you as a lefty!

Darla said...

Thats so cute Chanda! It was fun to get to see you!

~ Stacie ~ said...

What a special unique thing to get to share with your grandpa.

Karyn said...

That is so awesome!! I love that =)

Kamille said...

So special. What an honor to have a token to remember him by.

Unknown said...

Hey, just found your blog! Such a cute family! It's always fun to run into you on occasion when we are down in St. George!